If you are thinking to export Outlook to EML files, you must be ready to go through some very complicated procedure involving tens of hours. Any email migration can be lengthy and tedious but Outlook to EML is particularly hard. This may come as surprising to some people as EML in the past was originally associated with Windows Live Mail and Outlook is also a Windows client by Microsoft.
Regardless of the similarity, Outlook client gives no feature to export data to EML files. If you want to do that, you have to either rely on manual tedious processes or third-party tools
Export Outlook to EML with ‘PST Extractor Pro’
Most of those tools do not offer much different way than if you would do it manually. But there are some tools that can be exactly what you want. “PST Extractor Pro” is one of them.
Following is a simple way to look at how the tool works better than any other. It’s a form of a short tutorial where you can see how easy it can be to export Outlook to PST through PST file conversion by “PST Extractor Pro”.
The way it works is simple. You first get the data from Outlook to PST files and then convert the data inside to new EML files by this tool.
If you haven’t already done so, here’s a quick way to get everything from Outlook to archived PST format. The procedure is pretty much same for all Outlook versions (2013 to 2019) except with few minor differences:
Export PST from Outlook
- Go “File” and under “Open & Export“, click on “Import/Export“.
- Select “Export to a file” and click “Next“.
- Click “Outlook for Data file (.pst)” and select what you want to archive.
- Browse to the location you want to save the PST file at.
- Click “OK“.
Now this PST file can be used with “PST Extractor Pro” to generate a new EML file with the same data.
Using “PST Extractor Pro” is as intuitive as it can get. It is one of its most prominent features that distinguish it from tool of similar nature.
How to export Outlook to EML
- Start by launching “PST Extractor Pro” and click on “Add PST.” Browse to the same location you saved PST files at. If it is more than one file, select the folder to select all files in a batch.
- You can see all the mail, contact, and calendar folders inside your selection. Use the filter options to select what folders you want to convert. You can also manually un-tick any unnecessary folder you don’t wish to convert.
- Set the output format to “EML (.eml, *.vcf, .ics)”
- Check if other settings are to your needs.
- Click “Convert”
This is all there is to exporting Outlook to EML. Now compare it with any other approach and you will see how massively simple and to the point this method by “PST Extractor Pro” is.
Also, you get sharp precision over the converted/output files where every data item is same with the details and metadata. It also keeps the structure of folders same as original. In short, what you get is exactly what you put into, except the tool gives you the files in the format of your choice (EML).
And if still have any queries or need help, get in touch with the support staff available all 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Try the free demo here to export Outlook to EML file format.