“PST Extractor Pro” is one of the best Mac applications for PST to MBOX Conversion. The free trial version is available here. It is the ultimate solution when switching from Windows Outlook to Mac Mail or other Mac email clients. It allows smooth file conversion, even for beginners. All thanks to its smartly designed graphical user-interface.
The graphical interface comprises of the wizard with clear instructions on what to do and how, though most of the task is self-explanatory.
Instructions for PST to MBOX Conversion
To use this tool, you need to have PST files. PST is a file format used by Windows Outlook to archive data such as emails, contacts, and every other. If you don’t already have your data archived to PST files, you can follow the steps below to do it.
- Go to Windows Outlook
- Go to ‘File’ → Open and Export → Import/Export
- Select Export to a file and click next
- Click Outlook Data File (.Pst) and click ‘next’
- Check the account and the folders you want to convert
- Choose the location and name you want to store the PST file
- Click “Finish”
Congratulations, you’ve got your data stored in a PST file, which is not ready to be loaded into “PST Extractor Pro” to convert PST to MBOX.
Now, copy this PST file to your Mac computer where you have installed “PST Extractor Pro”.
One of the best features of PST Extractor Pro is that it runs directly on Mac, making it the only tool for PST conversion to do that.
Once you have copied the PST file to Mac, install and launch “PST Extractor Pro”, follow the steps outlined below.
5 Simple Steps for PST to MBOX Conversion
- Click ‘Add PST’ and Choose the PST files you created above.
- Choose the ‘folders’ you want to convert.
- Select the output as “Mbox” from the list of output files.
- Check if you want to –
- save read and unread emails in separate folders.
- Merge contacts to single VCF file
- Merge calendar to single ICS file
- Split MBOX files over certain size.
- Click ‘Convert’ and wait for the tool to convert the selected PST files to MBOX.
When the conversion is finished, you have to import the converted MBOX files to the email client you want to use, such as Mac Mail or Thunderbird. To do that, go go to the ‘file’ > ‘Import’ and select the MBOX files. The procedure for importing data from another program or file is essentially the same in all email clients.
“PST Extractor Pro” is a professional PST to MBOX Converter that makes it easy to convert data. It is far better than any other free or paid tools out there. Not only does it offer thorough conversion, but is also completely safe, and is the only Mac compatible tool in the market.
You can download free trial version for PST to MBOX conversion.