How to Convert PST to Apple Mail
Mails, Address Book, Calendars (iCal)
Convert PST to Apple Mail using “PST Extractor Pro,” a software application from USL Software that offers great features for a successful migration of data including emails, contacts, and calendar entries.
The tutorial below will show you how to use “PST Extractor Pro” for converting your Outlook PST files into Apple Mail Database. Although, the interface is quite simple and self-explanatory, the steps below will make it even easier to follow through the steps.
It all begins with you downloading the setup (Click Here). Install it and start following the steps below. You can go through the tutorial in the free trial mode that converts ten items per folder, just to evaluate the features and get closer to its interface.
Before you want to convert PST to Apple Mail, you first need PST files.
Here’s how you can do it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/287070/how-to-manage-.pst-files-in-microsoft-outlook . Once you get your PST file, move the PST files to your Mac computer where “PST Extractor Pro” installed.
How to convert PST to Apple Mail with PST Extractor Pro?
- In your Mac, launch ‘PST Extractor Pro‘ and click ‘Add PST‘ and choose the PST files. You can choose more than one PST file. (Batch conversion is one of the specialties of “PST Extractor Pro“).
- The tool will show you all the folders inside the selected PST files, from which you can select the particular folders that you want to convert. By default, all the folders are marked.
- Choose ‘Apple Mail’ from the list of output formats. “PST Extractor Pro” can convert PST files to various formats including Thunderbird, Postbox, MBOX, EML, and so on.
- Next up are few optional settings that you can tweak according to your preferences: such as – Do you want to save read/unread emails in separate folders, merge contacts to a single VCF file per folder, merge calendar entries to a single ICS file per folder, and limit MBOX file size and split them into small files.
- Last step is to click ‘convert’ button to start the conversion process. When done, you will get the confirmation window.
Now, all that is left is to import the converted files into Apple Mail through the in-built feature of ‘Import’ in Apple Mail. Go to ‘File’ –> click ‘import’ and you are done!
Download the free trial version to get started.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the support team. They will also help you in case you are stuck somewhere during any phase of data migration.
The tutorial (How to convert pst to Apple Mail) helps you to convert Microsoft Outlook (PST) to Apple Mail, Address Book, Calendars (iCal) using PST Extractor Pro.